So these “MeMe” things are floating around. I have seen them on Twitter and wondered what it is all about. Then, I received my very first MeMe request from the lovely SlummytoYummyMummy. I get it! It’s a blogger thing – they ask each other questions in an attempt to get to know the person behind the mask, as it were. If you want to “come out”, you can by joining in the MeMe. If you want to stay hidden, you can ignore the request.
I contemplated the latter for a while but having started to make a few new cyber buddies, I thought twice and so here’s my attempt at a MeMe (I probably won’t do another one after this – sometimes too much information is over kill, if you know what I mean. There’s a lot to be said about Mac (coat, not computer) and no knickers, ie, keep the suspense).
You must post these rules. Each person must post 11 things about herself on their blog. Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer. Choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post. Let each blogger know that you have tagged them.
Right, apparently I have to 1) answer the 11 questions I have been asked 2) create a new set of 11 questions and 3) send them to my 11 new cyber buddies (not sure I have that many but I’ll try my best!):
1) If you could travel back/forward in time, when would you go to, and why?
Erm, I would probably stay in London (maybe New York) in the 1920’s. I would obviously be rich and a part of the “in-crowd” so I could get an invite to all the cool dances. I love the fashion, I’d most definitely use a cigarette holder (I don’t smoke but if I was in the 20’s, I absolutely would!) and dance the Charleston until there was no tomorrow.
2) If you could tell your child(ren) one really important thing that they would keep with them forever, what would it be? Mummy loves you more than all the world
3) What was the last book that you read? Did you enjoy it? Who would you recommend it to, if anyone?
Assuming you don’t mean ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’, the last book I read was The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Classen. It took me a while to ready as I kept putting it down and picking it back up again but if you’re interested in how rich people make their millions, then go read it.
4) What is your favourite book of all time? This I can’t narrow to just one book. There will always be two equal favourites; The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende and 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez.
5) You’ve won a travel competition that allows you an all expenses holiday of a lifetime – free choice of where you go, how you get there and what you do – what do you pick?
This is impossible as there are too many places I want to go! Ok, random pick from my ‘to go’ list: Fly (first class of course) to Botswana for a full on safari during the migration. Ask me this question tomorrow and it won’t be the same answer.
6) What is your favourite item of clothing? hahaha definitely my pyjama bottoms, any of them, all favourites!
7) What part(s) of your grooming/beauty regime could you not drop? It’s a toss-up between bad breath and a monobrow. No, I can’t drop one over the other. I’m taking them both with me – Brushing my teeth and plucking my eyebrows!!
8) Were your school days the happiest of your life? Why/Why not? Don’t get me wrong, I liked school but I’ve had better/happier times in my life; travelling, getting married, becoming a mum. I’d like to think there are thousands more days like this in the future!
9) What’s your favourite film? Don’t have one, couldn’t possibly choose BUT there are two movies that I could watch over and over and they are Funny Girl and Funny Lady with Barbara Streisand.
10) What’s your favourite food treat? Plain chocolate digestives although I think this is a pregnancy craving drawn out a bit longer than it should have been and therefore not considered a ‘treat’ but a daily staple.
11) Tell us one secret – something you think we don’t already know about you….If I tell I wont be a secret!!!
And now I have to think of 11 questions to ask my victims:
1) Who’s you shameful crush?
2) What’s your karaoke song?
3) Lipstick or lipgloss?
4) Keith Lemon: Snog, Marry, Avoid?
5) Who inspires and motivates you?
6) Which, out of all the blogs you follow, is your favourite?
7) Do you use cookbooks or just let them sit pretty on a shelf like I do? 8) what’s your favourite? – does this count as 2 questions?
9) Whats your best childhood memory?
10) If you could pass one heirloom to your child/ren, what would it be?
11) Do you think these MeMe’s are useful for blogging? why?
Shout out to:
If you want to join in, do.. if not, nevermind.. thanks for popping along..x